Technology, Both Old and New

 

    I will probably never be considered a tech guru, but I like to think that I am at least decent with technology, which is kind of necessary in the times of COVID-19. Using a laptop and the internet has definitely been a familiar experience to me during my years in college, something I did not interact with much during high school. I actually have a sister who is 8 years younger than I am, and I do not think she realizes exactly how far technology has come in such a short time. Her first phone was a touch screen while mine was a TracPhone, as touch screens had yet to become a norm for tech devices. As a kid, my family had a classic, clunky computer and monitor set up, a set up I was not allowed to use on my own. Many of my afternoons would be spent at my friend's house, where you could either use the phone or play on the computer, and we were often kicked off of playing Webkinz when her mom had an important phone call she was expecting on the home line. 



    I am somewhat familiar with most of the tech we will be utilizing in this class, such as the basics of creating a blog and website, along with editing images. Twine is something I am looking forward to experimenting with, as it is not something I have heard about before. Even before this course, I have had Grammarly installed on my computer, but I had never added a word count extension, though it would have definitely been helpful for me last semester, as I had a course that often had word minimums implemented for our writings. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, A Socially Anxious Future Doctor

Comment Wall for Here Come the Floods

Story Lab: Microfiction