Course Assignments

 

    I have mentioned before that I entered OU as a Biology major, only adding my Letters degree in Spring 2020, so my experience with writing has been quite limited. Obviously, I still had some gen ed requirements to finish when I began my freshman year, and these often involved writing, but not creative writing. Since elementary school, I've considered myself to be a poor writer, even though I love the idea of writing fictional stories and stories based upon the worlds created in other novels, series, and short stories. For this semester, I am really excited to explore more creative writing, as the writing I am typically assigned is research and just reiterations of information found across the web. Beginning a paper, or in this case, a blog post, can be a bit difficult sometimes, as you want to have a catchy hook or something that sets the tone for the rest of your work. This often leads to hours of simply staring at a computer screen, but hopefully, I will not get hung up on things like that nearly as often while writing this blog.

Image by <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/geralt-9301/?utm_source=link-attribution&amp;utm_medium=referral&amp;utm_campaign=image&amp;utm_content=909156">Gerd Altmann</a> from <a href="https://pixabay.com/?utm_source=link-attribution&amp;utm_medium=referral&amp;utm_campaign=image&amp;utm_content=909156">Pixabay</a>

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay 


    Leaving comments is always something I have a bit of difficulty with, as I struggle with deciding what to talk about or how to comment on someone's work while actually giving useful feedback. In high school, I took several concurrent courses online at OCCC, where commenting was a common assignment for my courses, and the assignment I tussled with the most. However, I would like to think that I have had the opportunity to get better at leaving useful comments, as I have been exposed to much more topics of study and ideas. I am also a bit nervous about the project, as I have no clue where to begin with deciding a topic for it, but I know that I will likely get a better idea of what to do as the course continues on and I interact more with the materials provided in this course.

Comments

  1. Hi, Lanney. My name is Drew. I had never even heard of the Letters major, but it seems like quite the departure from Biology. I don't think you should think of yourself as a poor writer. Your sentences read very well and are easy to understand. I hope you get better and better at interacting with your classmates through comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letters is quite different from my original goal of Biology, but it is definitely a choice I have not regretted. I think the Classics and Letters departments is a place that everyone should venture into during their time at OU.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, A Socially Anxious Future Doctor

Comment Wall for Here Come the Floods

Story Lab: Microfiction